This is a mini-article in a series of posts that will discuss how you can build a distinct, personal brand.
How to make the most of LinkedIn?
Do you use LinkedIn to connect with other professionals? It is likely that you already do, considering that with 467 million users, LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network. If you don’t, start now, as it is a great platform to stay up-to-date on brands, current affairs in the industry, and make useful connections. Whether you are creating a new account or if you already have a LinkedIn profile, here are some tips to help you make the most of your page.
- Upload a professional photo for your profile picture
- Profiles with professional headshots get 14x more profile views
- Write a descriptive headline
- Use key words that effectively identify your expertise, focus, experience
- Include a summary
- Summary is your virtual handshake; use a genuine, conversational voice
- Include a call-to-action (“Shoot me an email…” “Contact me at…”)
- Get connected—and stay connected
- Send a message saying hello or to share interesting content with your connections
- Share updates that your connections (current or potential) will find insightful, useful, or provocative
- Join groups and follow pages of LinkedIn Influencers and companies in your areas of interest to receive regular updates and find quality content.
Sharing quality content that interests you can help you to:
- Start a conversation with your network
- Build your professional reputation and position yourself as a thought leader in your field
Were these tips helpful? Do you have any useful insights of your own that you would like to share? Let me know in comments below!